Thursday, February 12, 2009

Days 25-29: Letmathe, Iserlohn, Pilsen, and Munich

I had a great few days with the Knoeppel family.  Stayed with Phillip, Thomas and Inge's son.  He took me a few places including a youth retreat, his band's practice, Altena, and other places.  To Mom: I ate very well.  We went to Phil's parents' house for dinner a few times and there is an excellent bakery 2 minutes away from his apartment so I stopped in for a cheap breakfast/lunch a few times.  I also went to their Church and heard an Austrailian pastor preach in English (which was nice).  It was cool to hear the translation and helped me learn some more German.  I've been speaking as much German as I can and i think I'm getting it right, but people are patient.  I got to visit Gunter and Irma, Thomas' parents who my mother stayed with when she studied in Germany.  That was fun and they showed me pictures of my mom and my uncle when they we only 20 or so.  Phil took me, as i said, to his band practice.  They're cool guys, they sound pretty good too.  They are called Bernstein, which i found out is the German word for Amber (like in Jurassic Park).  Anyway, overall a good time in Lethmate.  Now i am in Munich for one night and then Venice for one night and then it is on to Rome with Francesco's mother.  I'm excited, hope you are too.  Keep checking facebook for pictures etc.  Song of the day: Paralyzed by The Gang of Four
     -Dan

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! It's so fun to experience your trip with you in this small way. Keep watching, keep discovering, keep starting up conversations with total strangers, keep learning about people and places and times and ways.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete